Nonfiction

As a kid, I used to read a lot of science fiction and fantasy novels. A lot. I distinctly remember my mom being mad at me for reading too much. I particularly remember one Saturday where I read “Ender’s Shadow” without once closing the book. I started reading in the morning and continued reading through breakfast, riding in the car, driving to my grandmother’s house, eating lunch (I brought my precious book holder with me) and going back home. While these books had a significant role in shaping who I am today and my perspective on life, it’s only a few years ago that I read my first nonfiction book.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://amir.rachum.com/blog/2019/03/16/nonfiction/

I recommend the book Impro by Keith Johnstone. It’s a book about improvisation theater, and it talks a lot about originality and social dynamics.

I also read most of The interpretation of dreams by Sigmund Freud and it was interesting. He shares his own dreams and interprets them. The interpretations are more free-style than I would have imagined.